Early Childhood Teacher
The Harmony Difference
At Harmony Early Learning Journey, we nourish and encourage children from 6 weeks to 5 years to continue becoming the very person they are meant to be. We are driven to cultivate a child’s self-awareness of their body, feelings, thoughts and attitudes. Our vision is to nurture the development that allows every child to grow into whoever they were born to be and discover their unlimited potential.
We are strong advocates for the child's right to learn and embrace a holist approach to childcare, encompassing a connection of mind, body and spirit. We value collaborating over time, reflecting on our experiences and learning new ways to transform the teaching and learning process so as to improve our educational programs at our services overall.
Benefits of joining our team
- State-of-the-art environment that allows for exceptional learning and development
- Prospects for career progression
- Above award wages for the right applicant
- In-depth professional development and further education
- Privately owned and not-corporatized - our focus is our people
- Rewards for commitment and contribution
- 75% discount on childcare fees
- Opportunities to connect to the local community, through excursions.
- Kindergarten teacher meetings - come together once every 2 months to collaborate with our Quality Managers, Educational leaders and Kindergarten Teachers across the Harmony Network.
We are seeking an inspiring and passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join our team at Lennox Head and embark on a wonderful new journey with us. Harmony Lennox Head is a purpose-built, early childhood service with ample parking. Our outdoor spaces offer opportunities for challenge and are an extension to the indoor program throughout the day.
In this significant and pivotal role as ECT, you will be responsible for:
- Providing and preparing children with a high-quality readiness for school program as well as delivering on relevant state Kindergarten/Early Childhood guidelines and requirements
- Leading the development, planning and implementation of a quality early childhood education program within the requirements of the National Quality Framework including Approved Learning Frameworks, National Quality (NQS) and National Law and Regulations
- Promoting positive outcomes for children and families, ensuring that children’s learning and development is guided by the learning outcomes of approved learning frameworks
- Researching best practice within the early childhood sector and applying your knowledge, sharing your understanding of curriculum frameworks and coach your team to deliver outstanding performance
- Consulting with the Nominated Supervisor to design, implement and evaluate a developmentally appropriate program for individual children or groups of children in care, which reflect the philosophy and goals of the centre.
- Working in collaboration with the Service Centre Director and Educational Leader to ensure that Kindergarten funding expenditure and guidelines for studio including resource budget is allocated to appropriate areas such as learning provisions, equipment, educational resources whilst ensuring they are fit for purpose and intent
- Leading, monitoring, supporting and encouraging the development of professional supportive relationships between Educators and parents at the Centre.
Our team design rich individual experiences for our children to foster their development. It is because of this that we need you to have:
- Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Care (or working towards Bachelor of Early Childhood Education)
- Knowledge and application of Approved Learning Frameworks (EYLF, QKLG) and National Quality Framework (NQF)
- Working knowledge of leading, preparing and monitoring the educational program including the Planning and Assessment Cycle
- Child Protection Training or willingness to obtain
At Harmony Early Learning Journey, our values are embedded into everything we do – with every child. If these values align with yours, we welcome you to apply today.
We understand the application process can be challenging and thank you for the time you have taken to apply.
Please forward your application, addressing the above criteria, with current referees. If you have any further questions please contact Luci on (02) 8319 5637 or [email protected]
How to apply
Want to know more? Give Luci a call on (02) 8319 5637 or email us on [email protected]